I have gotten a lot of compliments for my skin lately. I think it’s got a lot to do with my healthier lifestyle. Thought I’d run through a bit of what I do. I’m however not a dermatologist or the likes. Wouldn’t know a lot about curing acne, since I haven’t had any real problems myself. I think I have very normal mixed skin, oily T-zone and in winter a bit dry on cheeks. (We are talking Swedish winter though, not this pretend winter they have in Australia, hehe.)
This is how I normally look. So you can see what it’s about. 🙂
Parden the beanie. Pic taken when out for a walk in the morning today, just put the beanie on and off I went. Don’t have any make-up on.
1. Drink water. Yes, this AGAIN! But it flushes out all the crap that’s clogging up pores and makes the skin look dull and sad. Drinking – yeah you guessed it – sodas of ANY kind with all the chemicals. No good flushing toxins out. They just add on to it!
2. Eat healthy. A happy stomach makes happy skin. It is not very well established I think, but if you make your stomach happy, rebuild cells and feed your skin (body) with nutrients it helps make your skin look better. Some people who have tried everything to get rid of acne or other skin problems can sometimes be asked how their stomach is feeling in an attempt to get to the rout of the problem.
3. Clean your skin. Everyday. Yeap, apparently this needs to be stated. It should be just as much as a daily routine as brushing ones teeth.
4. Moisturize your skin. After every cleaning. Be careful with the skin underneath your eyes, it’s thin, hence dries out more easily and therefore has a tendency to develop wrinkles. I mean yes to buy special eye cream and gently apply it underneath your eyes. Apparently you should use your ring finger since it is the weakest finger. Bit interesting.
5. Deep cleaning. Once or twice a week, you should not do it too often since your skin needs time to recover and shouldn’t be overstressed. Resist the urge to go bananaz on it in an attempt to get fabulous skin immediately. Pick your choice: mask, scrub etc.
6. Give it time. Just be relentless. Have a skin care routine that you repeat without fault. After long days, after late night partying, while staying over at friends houses etc.
7. Try not to use to much make-up in your everyday. Especially the powders, and foundations and concealers that tend to just clog up everything. We are different in this aspect however. Some say they must put on foundation or BB-cream everyday. I’d say avoid it and just use it for more special occasions. But we are all different, have different skin and different lives. But work around your life and use as little stuff on your face as you can.
I like skin care products. I could easily just… live in those kind of stores. And I like to buy products in the middle price range. Not the cheapest drugstore brands, but I haven’t yet hopped on the Chanel or Dermatologica bandwagon. It’s just a little bit too expensive for my wallet and priorities. I prefer products from Body Shop and Kiehl’s. They do the work and is not going to ruin you. Good combo. I have a daily mouzuriser, an eye cream, a night creme (all from Body Shop) and a scrub from Herbalife (the one below), a daily cleanser, a toner and a deep cleansing mask, all from Kiehl’s.
Now. A couple of tips from the products that I sell.
This product is helping you to disperse of water in your body. Aka help with cleansing. And I think the results I’m seeing is due to this product. Did I tell you that it also helps with cellulite? It really is a girls best friend ;-).
Daily facial scrub
Since I haven’t allowed myself to buy new products unless they replace something that has run out… I haven’t gotten as many facial products from Herbalife that I want. But I do have this one. It is a facial cleanser in the middle price range. Now, if I compare it from the one I have from Kiehl’s there is one major benefit with using Herbalifes…
I use a toner after cleaning my face and before moisturizing. Primarily to remove any dirt and make-up traces that are left on my skin. I have felt that it has been extra necessary if I have had foundation or BB-cream on my skin. But with the Herbalife product… there is not much residue left on my skin when I get around with the toner. It cleans everything out itself and the need to use the toner to clean is none, it rather works a just refreshing and extra moisturizer instead. The Kiehl cleanser is not at all as good to get it all off. So I do recommend this if you feel that your daily cleanser isn’t really getting the job done properly.